Put Your Heart into Health!
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Health Screenings: 7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Activities & Entertainment: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Expo Center Soboroff Sports Field
Join your community for a day of free health screenings and family fun promoting healthy hearts, bodies and minds.
Adults and children of all ages are welcome to participate in free health screenings, educational information and an interactive activity fair at Expo Center Saturday, April 6, 2013.
Each year, World Health Day LA focuses on a theme chosen by the World Health Organization for World Health Day, celebrated annually on April 7. This year, take part in combating high blood pressure, a chronic medical condition that, with the right information and care, can be detected and controlled.
Coordinated by students and volunteers, World Health Day LA 2013 is co-sponsored by USC Institute for Global Health, USC School of Pharmacy, UCLA School of Public Health, UCLA School of Nursing and EXPO Center, with support from Global Health Review.
- Free high blood pressure screening
- Free mobile eye clinic screening
- Free diabetes screening
- Free body fat analysis screening
- Free cholesterol screening
- Free live entertainment performances by local artists
- Children’s activity fair featuring 20-minute physical activity stations to promote heart health through kickball, dance, self-defense and more!
- Travel Health
- Poison Prevention and Medication Safety
- Cancer Awareness
- Women’s Health
- Immunization Education
- Emergency Preparedness Education
- Healthy Living Education